AMadz

Male Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-05

View user profile http://usccompe.net.ph/apmaderazo

Back to top Go down

Re: ComE 522 - Job Preparation Seminar

Post by Agiangan on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Giangan, A.
Last November 24, 2009 at the USC-TC Rigney Hall, I attended the seminar entitled “Job Preparation Seminar”. The seminar talks about how to get or figure out the career we want. The speakers were Engr. Chuachoy and Engr. Adela Gapus.
The first speaker was Engr. Chuachoy who is a Chemical Engineer who has been experienced working for almost 14 years in different companies. She talks well and base on how she talks we can see how professional she is. Her topic was about “Getting the career you want”, in line with that she talked about the right attitude, branding, and change adapture in working in a company.
The second speaker was Engr. Adela Gapus who is a Computer Engineer; her topic was about “Professional work attitude”. Her presentation can caught the participants attention because she used images in explaining her ideas, but she talks a lot without taking not consideration whether the listener were already bored because she was very redundant and not direct to the point.
I really enjoyed the seminar because I have learned a lot of things regarding job preparation for it is very important to graduating students. The symposium talks about what the company prefers, how we as an employee should appear, and to figure out what we are really looking for when we apply a job. I have learned from the seminar that in a job there is always a change but what is important is that we maintain right attitude, and always keep learning. I have learned also that when we apply for a job the things that we write on our resume is very important and how important it is to make a good impression based on our appearance. The speakers also mentioned that we must also be aware on what our friendster, facebook, multiply, and other web accounts contain, for it can also be part of the employers background checking.

Agiangan

Female Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ar-r on Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:32 pm

Job Symposium (Reaction Paper) by Arnold V. Roso

I attended the seminar entitled “Job Preparation Seminar” last November 24, 2009 at the University of San Carlos Technological Center Rigney Hall. The seminar discuss about how to get the career we want and working attitude of professionals. The speakers were Engr. Chuachoy a Chemical Engineer and Engr. Adela Gapus a Computer Engineer.

Engr. Chuachoy, the first speaker has a working experience for almost 14 years in different companies. Her topic was about "Getting the career you want", which talks about the right attitude, branding and change adapture in working in a company. Base on her actions and the way she talks you can tell her that she really is a professional.

The second speaker was Engr. Adela Gapus which discuss about "Professional work attitude". The presentation was very nice because of images used to explain her thoughts and ideas which caught the participants attention but some are not direct to the point. She talks a lot and doesn't care whether the listener were already bored or not.

The symposium talks about what the company prefers for an employee and how should we present ourselves. It also teaches us how to figure or choose what we really looking for a job. We can't stop ourselves to change but it would be much better to maintain the right attitude and always keep learning. The things what we will be written in our application forms especially the resume is very much important and how to make a good impression based on our appearance. Also the details what we wrote in friendster, facebook and other social networking sites are very important in which we should be careful for it can also be part of the employers background checking. I learned many things and i really enjoy the seminar for it is important to us as a graduating student and which can help us for our future.

ar-r

Male Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-12-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ironmack on Sat Dec 12, 2009 9:44 am

Churchill Perucho Monday 1:30 - 4:30

On November 24, 2009 I attended together with other my classmates a seminar entitled “Job Preparation Seminar”, which was held at the USC-TC Rigney hall. There were two speakers during the seminar, namely, Engr. Chuachoy and Engr. Adela Gapus.
The seminar opened up with a Prayer, then followed by The singing of the Philippine National anthem and then the USC hymn.
After the USC hymn Engr. Chuachoy a Chemical Engineering graduate of USC, then gave a talk about her topic which was “Getting the career you want”. She talked about the different companies which she has worked with for the past 14 years. She also talked about the right attitude, branding, and change adapture in working a company. She also explained to us how from being a Chemical Engr. Graduate she went working for her then boyfriend’s company, then working for energizer, then changing career from working to a chemical engineering related job to now being a manager for Sykes.
The second speaker was Engr. Adela Gapus a computer engineering graduate of the University of San Carlos. Her topic was about “Professional work Attitude”. On her presentation she used images to explain to the participants the different must be attitude for a professional.
Over all, the symposium was about preparing the students and giving them idea of what life is after graduating. The two speakers really give importance to professionalism. I learned a lot from the seminar and enjoyed listening to the speakers. It was very knowledgeable and the inputs that the two speakers gave would be very helpful to us in the near future.

ironmack

Registration date : 2009-11-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tridescarf on Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:15 pm

Imperial, Thairell C.
COME 522 1:30-4:30PM Monday

I attended a seminar at the Rigney Hall last November 24, 2009. The title of the seminar was "Job Preparation Symposium" which invited us CompE students, as well as other engineering courses here in the university for a 3-hour seminar about how to prepare ourselves by the time we leave the student life and face the world of business and industry. Many students attended the seminar not just because of attendance, but also for the knowledge that we will learn from experienced people who already engaged themselves in the world of industry.

There were two speakers, the first speaker was Engr. Chuachoy, a Chemical Engineering graduate, and Engr. Adela Gapus, a Computer Engineering graduate. Both speakers were successful in their job careers and were very enthusiastic to share and tell us students about their experiences in terms of working applications, self-preparation in the work field and what to expect during the actual experience of our jobs. Engr. Chuachoy explained to us some points regarding on application. I learned a lot from her in terms of how I will present myself during the actual application. I must have the confidence and interest that must correspond to the needs and demands of the company during the interview, proper attire, and as well as how my resume should look like in order for me to be accepted. By the time that I may be accepted, I must put to mind that learning is an essential part of working. Though I may have enough knowledge garnered from my school years, it is possible that the work I landed have a different type of approach in terms of working environment and facilities, and to study and learn again is the best way to adjust to the new environment. It is the right attitude that matters most and a plus for the skills acquired from school. Engr. Gapus topic tackles more on the proper attitude before and after application. What matters most is the right attitude and dedication towards your work. I must be active and alert for new ideas, and be open to others because in the working field, I don't work alone. I must cooperate with my co-workers and must know how to act professionally with the other workers. Open-mindedness is also a must because new opportunities may come during work, and must be recognised and utilised wisely for the benefit of oneself and the company. The outcome of that seminar was very fruitful, and I learned so much out of it. The tips and advices were very helpful, and it is a privilege for us students to have that seminar. I guess some students were bored but it's their loss. There were questions raised during the forum and the speakers eagerly answered them also. I had a good quality time on that day and it was a good experience. Shocked

tridescarf

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Justine Chua on Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Job Symposium
By Justine Chua

A seminar entitled “Job Preparation Seminar” held at the University of San Carlos Technological Center Rigney Hall last November 24, 2009. The seminar was about how to get the career we want and the proper working attitude of a professional. The speakers for the seminar were Engr. Chuachoy and Engr. Adela Gapus, a Computer Engineer and a Chemical Engineer.
The first speaker for the seminar was Engr. Chuachoy. Her topic was all about getting the right job and the right attitude, branding, and adaptation in working in a company. From the way she talks about her topic and from all her 14 years of experience, I can really say that she is a true professional.
The second speaker in the seminar was Engr. Adela Gapus, Computer Engineer alumni of University of San Carlos. The topic she was emphasizing was about "Professional work attitude". Although her presentation was good because of the images she used to explain her thoughts and ideas but the problem of her speech was that she was very redundant and she wasn't also direct to the point. So eventually, the audiences were very bored of her presentation.
The Job Preparation Seminar was quite very useful for us graduating students because it could help us apply for a company after we graduate. Also, another important thing I have learned from the seminar is that we will know what kind attitude we would show to our employers as apply to their company.

Justine Chua

Male Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Job Preparation Seminar - Adrian Borja

Post by AdrianDBorja on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:43 pm

The speaker for the seminar last November 24, 2009 in Rigney Hall were alumni Engr Chuachoi and Engr Gapus. The two, who have a very different background and probably academic records, have one thing in mind and that was to prepare us for what lies ahead, after we graduate. It is the optimism and the tips and tricks of job application to keep our minds away from the idea that most professionals are still unemployed. We all want to avoid unemployment that is why they emphasized the importance of impressions that we may leave in social networking websites, in our resumes, grades in school, and peers. We all would want to avoid to have the impression that we are just a liability but instead, by carefully watching our steps, we can be seen as must-have assets for the hiring companies. There is also the importance to keep the first good impression last by not slacking when finally hired. As soon to be graduates from a rather popular university, we should keep up with the expectations imposed upon us.

The two guest speakers were good at their fields already even though they don't focus much on doing what their degree would indicate otherwise. But then, they also emphasized that we should not limit ourselves by the profession that we have. If we have the passion to do more, as long as we do it correctly, there's no stopping us. We are encouraged to do what we do best. But as for me, I have long since fixed my mind since grade school that I would take this course and it stays true to this day. So there's no reason for me to seek other non related jobs but if the opportunity calls for it, and it looks promising, I am as welcome as them. Engr Chuachoi also told something about being the manager or supervisor. It is good that she reminded us that being a manager needs the knowledge of the whole process. This is important since ideally, Computer Engineering is a managerial course. A computer engineer merely analyzes and designs a system and let the coders do the arduous work of coding.

The seminar was a really enlightening one, to help us get the job that we want.
AdrianDBorja

Male Number of posts : 11

View user profile http://theseventhshadow.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kristine Largosa on Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:23 pm

Largosa, Kristine J.
Job Preparation Seminar
Last November 24, 2009, a Job Preparation Seminar was conducted at the USC-TC Rigney Hall organized for all the 5th yr. Engineering students. The event was graced by the speakers Engr. Chuachoy and Engr. Adela Gapus.

The first speaker Engr. Chuachoy, was a graduate of Chemical Engineering, Magna cum laude in the University of San Carlos. Engr. Chuachoy had 5 jobs in her 14 yr. career; quite reasonably enough to consider what she has to say on job preparation. She taught us about the ABC in job preparation; A is for attitude; attitude plays a great role in looking for a job, one should be confident not arrogant when faced in an interview, and as much as possible be true and natural. B is for branding, to make you as marketable as possible, academic achievements are good brands to have but apart from that, she shared that volunteering and involving in to charity works is also a very good move to make yourself saleable. C is for connection, it is important that you make friends and have networks from different walks of life. These could be a very good venue for opportunities to make its way to you.

The second speaker Engr. Adela Gapus shared to us one technique on how to keep and get noticed in your job. You must not only content yourself to your job, only your job and get stagnant all throughout. One must also volunteer into extracurricular activities to showcase what other things you are capable of apart from your profession.

I personally believe that skills and attitude must go together; these are two essential factors you must possess in order to claim a slot in the industry you fell under. And most importantly, you must enjoy what you do, make sure your heart is in your job so that you will be able to reach your fullest potential.
Kristine Largosa

Female Number of posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Job Preparation Seminar

Post by voomer on Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:35 pm

Abarabar, Robert III
Job Preparation Seminar

I have learned many things about the job symposium seminar. The seminar was about preparing yourself for applying a job after graduation. Things that change my idealism about work in the real world. It includes the behavior and attitude towards work.

The first topic is about getting the job you want. The first speaker, Engr. Chuachoy. was a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineer as a magna cumlaude in University of San Carlos. She is currently working in Lexmark for chain networking. Applying after graduation was easy for her because they have a family company. But for those who don’t have one, like me, would be difficult in applying a job in a company after graduation without job experience.

When applying for a job, make sure that it suit you and you enjoy it. And when hired, as time pass by, if the job you wanted at the first place will not suit your current needs, do not be afraid to take risks and apply for a job to another company that suits to your current needs. Just like her experience when she was already married, working in a family business company requires lot of her time and she already had a family. She realized that the job isn’t the job anymore that suit to her current needs. So she applied a job she wanted that will not require a lot of her time and also spend her time with her family. She talked about resume to catch the manager’s attention and giving you a chance to be interviewed personally. And to show that you are serious about the job you are applying for, you must be neat and wear formal attire. She also talked about the attitude and technology.

The second topic was all about attitude and technical skills. The second speaker, Engr. Gapus , was one of top ten outstanding students of the Philippines when she graduated. And she is now working as a project manager in Aboitiz Company. This time, the speaker was a graduate of the same course as what I have been studying right now. I was proud of her achievements because she is a computer engineer and also a graduate of the same school. It was inspiring for me watching her as she spoke in the seminar.

She talked about the attitude when applying for a job. Show that you are serious and willing to learn more about the job you are applying for when in an interview. She said that as students our idealism about work is far away of what really work is in the reality. Expect anything when you are newly hired for a job you are applying for because it is only a test so that the manager can see what you are capable of. And always say yes to what your boss tells you to do even if it is not your field. Company nowadays, are not only looking for persons with purely technical skills but are also looking for persons that has a positive attitude towards work. It has been observed that a person must have a balance of technical skill and attitude when working in a company in order for a project to be successful. Don’t be a bookish type of person and always be participative in company activities. Learning doesn’t stop even if you are in work and only twenty percent of the skills we learned in college will be useful when already working. The rest is acquired when at work.

voomer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cleecetafari_alo on Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Clave, Carol Eve R.
Job Preparation Seminar

This reaction report is regard to job preparation seminar. The goal of the seminar was to give us a good idea of who are we and our ability to lead our program job in life. There were two speakers, the first speaker was Engr. Chuachoy, a Chemical Engineering graduate, and Engr. Adela Gapus, a Computer Engineering graduate. The 1st speaker talked about the right attitude, branding, and change adapture in working a company. She talks well and straight to the point on what the seminar were all about. She gave some important elements to keep in mind on how, what we can prepare for the interview. She said “Going after a job in a lukewarm fashion is not fair to the school or yourself”.

The second speaker was Engr. Adela Gapus which discuss about "Professional work attitude". She embarked on her journey, she honestly evaluates her interest in the job. That will affect everything in pursuit of the position. She gave some strategies that can be used on our self-preparation in the work field make it realistic yet positive.

Over all, the outcome of the seminar was about preparing the students on how we are preferred what life is after graduating. I learned a lot from the seminar the two speakers gave importance to professionalism.

cleecetafari_alo

Female Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:18 am

Alfie Mariane B. Mate'
Job Preparation Seminar

Last November 24, 2009 the school conduct a seminar entitled “Job Preparation Seminar” this is intended for 5th year students that was held at the USC-TC Rigney Hall, where the CompE and other engineering students were able to attend. This activity helps the students on how they will able to handle themselves in times when they will get their jobs after they graduate.
In this activity there were two speakers. One is Engr. Chuachoy a graduate of Chemical Engineering and the other one is Engr. Gaspus a graduate of Computer Engineering. This two speakers are very good speakers they made the students understand and learn how the life after graduation or after they graduate.
I learned from the seminar that if you will find a job it must be in your field or the job that you will get must be related in your course that you have graduated. I also learned that the transcript of record will get a high impact to your application and also in your resume. There must be an educational attainment so that it will not be difficult to me on getting a job. But as the speaker said that whatever you will have as long as you will try your best to show that you have the will to get the job you want maybe the person who sees you do you best will help you to get your job.
So the lesson to the seminar is that students should never get weak or loss hopes when they graduate, whatever field they are and even if there is a crisis in the economy as long as they will be give effort to the job they want, then they will get the job they really want.

alfie

Registration date : 2009-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Martil, Darelle G.

Post by sweetie_dhar on Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:09 pm

The “Job Symposium Preparation” seminar discussed lots of useful topics in preparing a life after graduating. A kind of life that leads through a successful career in the near future. The seminar taught about how to be equipped in front of different job requirements, qualifications and facing job pressures.

The first speaker was a female, a graduate with flying colors as a Magna Cumlaude with a degree in Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering in the University of San Carlos. She shared her experience during her job hunting, interviews and her life being employed. Lucky to her as graduate with honor, it’s not really hard for her to find a job that suits her field. But then as life goes on, life also changes having different needs and priorities because she also shared when she got married her outlook in life alter for a greater need for her own growing family. She stressed out too that working in a single status has a big difference when you are married. For when she was single she doesn’t have hesitation upon quitting her current job for she’s confident she could look for one. But then when married you have to think for the security of your family, so you need to have a stable job for them.

The second speaker was also a female, a graduate in the University of San Carlos too, taking up Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering. She was one of the top ten students during her college years. She shared about technical skills in working and proper etiquettes towards job environment. She said that students notion about work is so different when one can really experience working. It is like 20% you have learned in school is applied, the rest of the learnings are acquired in work. She also said that the best asset in working is attitude. That most of the companies values more the attitude of their employee rather than their skills, for skills can be trained but attitude is hard to change.

Listening embodies learning, so as I was listening to the speakers I’ve pondered lots of things. Before, I just thought that even I can’t graduate I could still find a job which can provide my needs, because I’ve known some establishments that don’t really need degree holder applicants. But then at this moment I realize how valuable it is to graduate, it’s not just for job purposes but as a long time pride for your family who strive hard for my education and for myself that at last I have acquired something great that no one can ever steal from me. Also, having a degree has a huge difference with none; it is something you have that some don’t, a special tool in applying for a job.

sweetie_dhar

Female Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-12-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by baygas1 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:26 pm

Raymond Joseph F. Villegas
Job Preparation Symposium

Last November 24, 2009, I attended the “Job Preparation Symposium” at University of San Carlos Technological Center. It was also attended by my fellow Computer Engineering students and also from Industrial and Mechanical Engineering students. It lasts for 3-hours at the Rigney Hall.

The speakers were Engr. Chuachoy, a Chemical Engineer, and Engr. Gapus, a Computer Engineer who both graduated from University of San Carlos. Engr. Chuachoy is currently working at Lexmark while Engr. Gapus is working at Aboitiz as a project manager.

The first speaker discussed the ABC’s in job preparation and hunting. A is for attitude, where a right positive attitude plays an important role in oneself. B is for branding, creating a name of your own through academic achievements and records. C is for connection where you need to be friendly to others enabling to connect with your co-workers.

The second speaker discussed professional work attitude through describing it in pictures and images. She emphasizes the importance of ones attitude towards the job, that a person should easily learn and willing to be taught new things. Low academic records are not a hindrance in getting the job as long as you have the right attitude towards your job.

I learned from the seminar that academic records are not the only basis in getting your dream job; you must also have the right attitude. One must be eager to learn new things in his job even though you are so good in school. Connecting to your bosses and co-workers is also important so that you will be confident in going to your workplace.

baygas1

Registration date : 2009-12-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlvinLuther on Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:59 pm

Alvin Luther D. Lim
Monday 1:30-4:30 ComE 522

The seminar was all about job preparations and management of your future career. It consisted of two talks: Getting the Career You Want, and Professional Work Attitude. These were delivered respectively by Engr. Chuachoy and Engr. Adela Gapuz, two exemplar alumni of our university with very impressive records both in academics and profession.

Engr. Chuachoy, currently working with Lexmark, laid out her professional journey to all of us. I believe she was really well suited for the talk for she had many jobs as well as circumstances that affected and changed her reasons for choosing the careers she took. Change is a life constant: we need to adapt. She laid it as 'easy as ABC.' A for attitude, student for life, voluteerism, reaching out and networking. B for branding, resume building, pre-interview homework, appearance, and confidence. C for Change Adaptive, open-mindedness, using technology, and no fear.

I really felt the first speaker already set the stage for the second talk. Engr. Gapuz, a manager in Aboitiz Land, really provided concrete insights into the corporate and professional world by merely sharing actual experiences she had as well as giving a significant glimpse into the perspective of a boss, which she mostly was, towards subordinates. Her experience was a little more significant for us as Computer Engineering student than the first speaker because simply she did not only graduate as one but she also pursued an excellent career example for us. She also highlighted the significance of both technical skills and attitude, where feedbacking was also something we often lack in our college training.

I love how the talks were delivered and prepared into easy, digestable guidelines. I like particularly that they come from experiences rather than abstract elaborate concepts. Giving quotes from a fictional movie character and an actual person proved rather effective for me. "Attitude determines outcome," said Viktor Fankl and "There's more in racing than winning," said Lightning McQueen. In the end, your work may just be your life so you need prepare well.

AlvinLuther

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Job Preparation Seminar of ComE 522 2009

Post by wiabecia on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:53 am

windell abecia
At the University of San Carlos- Technological Center Rigney Hall, the seminar about Job Preparation was held last November 24, 2009. It was anchored by Engr. Chuachoy and Engr. Adela Gapus, two different speakers who had their experiences in their fields and have a lot to talk about.

The floor was teken first by Engr. Chuachoy who has been working for about 14 years as a Chemical Engineering and a graduate from our Alma Mater. She discussed about “Getting the career you want”. She talked about the different companies which she has worked with for the past 14 years. She also talked about the right attitude, branding, and change adapture in working a company. For her she really had what she envisioned to be. She has shared a lot for us to that we also appreciate, that we know in the near future we may use it as a guide on how to have a succesful carrer in line with what we want.

The second speaker was Engr. Adela Gapus who was still a graduate from our school and is a Computer Engr. She talked about "Professional work attitude". As what I have understand, applying a job or getting the job what we wanted needs a professional lookwhich includes on the way you carry yourself, the resume you present, and the background facts that may be checked. Attitude is somewhat the first impression that the employer has in you, so as you walk along you must wear that confidence that you can get the job and pride that you can achieve their qualifications.

All in all. The seminar was appealing yet a little bit boring. The speakers were mulititalented graduates from our school and soon to be we will be a graduates from USC. I know that this seminar will serve as a guide on the future but my thought is how can we be the persons they are now if in the beginning we are not someone like them. We are the regular students who carry on with us is the not so appealing grades and resume. Yet still it will serve as a guide and we still have a lot of learning to go. Very Happy

Last edited by wiabecia on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total

wiabecia

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by retsel123 on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:12 pm

Quirit, Vincent Han Lester S.
Job Preparation Seminar

The symposium last November 24, 2009 was about Job Preparation and I learned a lot of things from it. It was all about preparing us in looking for a job or making our careers. Things may not happen the way we want it to be because maybe we won’t have the job or the career we want. But for me as long as you’re happy and contended on what you have, it’s all worth it.

The speakers talked about what to do or not to do in a job search and job interview. They talked about tips like how to make a resume, not to be late on a job interview or being too early, knowing the company you are applying, what to wear, having the right attitude, not limiting ourselves and a lot more. These will greatly help me in my job search or having the career that I want.

The speakers were successful with their own respective fields even though they don’t do what their degree specifies. There are many factors affecting the decision they made and one of it is family. For me the symposium was a good learning experience. It enlightened me on what may happen or may not happen. Because we don’t know what will happen to each and everyone on of us, we may not have the job we wanted or what our degrees specifies but as long as we are contented, everything will be alright. But we don’t have to limit ourselves because even though we are not in school, everyday is a learning experience.

retsel123

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-12-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Job Symposium

Post by lylelovett on Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:14 pm

LYLE LOVETT UY

The job preparation seminar last November was educational, it really informed us that the real world is much harder than it seems. It was not that inspiring though, the speakers were all achievers, they were cum laude and that was their ticket to success. But then, not all of us or majority of us are not in the top of the class, what happens to us then? Where will we go? The question was raised during the talk and the answer was not encouraging at all. They were all saying to do good in school, but how can we do that now? We are in our last semester of our college years and the past mistakes can’t be undone with one perfect semester. I’m not saying there is no hope for students like me, who doesn’t have a perfect TOR but I just wish they were encouraging to us.
But then if a person is really dedicated and motivated to do good in work, the company will eventually see that. It is our mistake after all that we flunked in school so we have to compensate and deal with the consequences of our actions. After the speakers did not say there is no hope for students like me, they just said that we have to do an extra effort for us to be recognized and prove to them that we are also worth the money they are giving to those top students.
The entire symposium was an eye opener; it gave us a glimpse of the real world. It gave us a heads up on what to do and how to deal with career which will eventually become our lives.

lylelovett

Registration date : 2009-12-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jamalski717 on Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:36 pm

ALbaidani,Mohammed Jamal

I attended the Seminar last November 24, which was held in the Regney hall. Most of the speakers are carolinians and achievers, and they could relate to most of us. In the seminar they taught us a lot of things. like how to get the job you want with confidence.

They also shared to us that college life is way different from working life, but some of there ideas they shared where not that inspiring because due to the fact that they are achievers and they have good records, it made me feel like i cant take the job i like because of the past mistakes i did in my early years in college.

But in the bright side it was also educational and a wake up call to me that it opened my mind to a lot of things and made me wonder that i have to do something because its never too late. i can still do good.Thats realty thats what they were sharing to us. they shared that sometimes there boss will yell at them. they also shared that you can get a job even if its not in your specific field and you will learn to master in that particular field. So there point is there is more to learn out there than in school. even though you finish college you are still ignorant to a lot of things.

I am really great full i attended this seminar , because it gave me an idea on how to be ready when its my time to work.

jamalski717

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lenshark on Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:27 pm

Papelleras, Neftali G.

It was all but just a typical job preparation seminar where the speakers tell about how they get to the top. Perhaps it's their way to inspire and motivate us. It, in a way, did inspire me. However, it could have been better had the speakers were not coming from a prominent family. Nevertheless, the purpose was carried out well, that is, to provide inputs about getting ready to get out of college and face the real world as computer engineers.

lenshark

Registration date : 2010-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CBKPaO on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:39 pm

Alonso, Paolo Francisco E.

The say all great things start out small. This could not have been any closer to reality. I have come into agreement with this idea not so long ago. As I recall everything started and ended when I attended the job seminar at the Rigney Hall, last November 24, 2009 (Job Preparation Symposium).

It started out as any one would expect when they put a bunch of students together. Every one had their own group, but as time passes and the seminar started to come about everyone seemed to also come together as one (Engineering department). The first speaker opened the seminar with the honest truth. That she inherited her success in the industry it was nothing short of a surprise. I mean it was like some one pulled you by the ear, and you can’t help but pass attention. As her talk went on I gradually come to the realization the ever though things come you so easily as it may this does not discount the fact it’s a whole lot harder in keeping it in your grasp. It takes more than luck; it takes a lot of hard work, sweat, and sometimes even blood (metaphorically speaking).

As she went on with her talk I grew more and more determine to make something out of my self in the future, but as of all great and inspiring talks it had to come to an end some time. It was then time for the next speaker to take the stage. Her life experience couldn’t have been more different from her predecessor. She on the other had to work her way from the bottom up. I can relate to this honestly because I too had to work my way back to reality. For 3 long year I dully spent my time on all the wrong things in life and do mean ALL THE WRONG THINGS. Her mind set was to keep moving forward. I love that I idea. When life deals to the worse hand you can get, you can still win at the end when you play the game right. What matters most is that you know your priorities and you focus on them like a hawk!

The bottom line is this I realize that what ever you want out of life, you got to grab it by the neck any chance you get. Because my future… wait anyone’s future rather is only as great as what you make of it. Nobody has as much control of their lives as themselves. This was the end of any doubts that I can’t make something that I would be proud with my life just as long as i keep moving forward.

CBKPaO

Registration date : 2010-01-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by robngek on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:03 pm

Pepania Roberto Jr.
ComE 522 Monday

Last November 24, 2009 a Job Preparation Symposium was conducted in the University of San Carlos Technological Center at Rigney Hall which was dedicated to all graduating Engineering students, and luckily I was one of the participant of it. I never thought that the said activity would be an eye-opener to me. It gave knowledge to me what will happen after graduation.

The speakers were Engr. Chuachoy a licensed chemical engineer and Engr. Adela Gapus a computer engineer and both graduated in University of San Carlos, a fellow Carolinian. Both are now in the higher position of a company or we may call leaders. What I amazed more to these speakers it’s because they are both mother of their children. They tackle about preparation after graduation, about the things to be put in a resume, tips on job hunting and what to during on an interview, and tips as a good employee. I had learned that patience is one of the most important things in job hunting. They enlightened me in getting what career I want and how to have a professional attitude. They gave us insight on what would be the life after graduating. They gave us what is the reality on finding jobs. I was encouraged to some of their testimonials which touch about not having a good transcript of record (TOR). They said that the only key is to have a right attitude, perseverance and to be optimistic. That symposium’s topic was very helpful to us student who are going to graduate. They serve to us as a model that having job just for the sake of jobs is nothing but to have a job which fits what we want and like to do.

robngek

Registration date : 2010-01-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Job Preparation Seminar

Post by glad011 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:53 am

Gladessa V. Bongcaron

A seminar was conducted last November 24, 2009. It was about Job Preparation Seminar for 5th year Eng'g students. The speakers were Engr. Chuachoy and Engr. Adela Gapus, both successful in their fields.

In the seminar, the speakers emphasized hardwork and enthusiasm in order to be successful in your career. Being a professional doesn’t only need have a good scholastic performance. The most important thing is the love of work and good attitude towards your colleagues. It made me realize that I made a lot of mistakes in my past years in college where I should have enhance my skills in my field which may be useful once I can have a job in the future.

The seminar answered questions, confirmed that there isn’t one right way to be an academic, and made the point that students have decisions to make about the kind of scholars, teachers and professionals they can become.

The seminar indeed inspire us and help us build our career that we want in the near future.

glad011

Female Number of posts : 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Rodrigo C. Talingting Jr.

Post by odee2004 on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:27 pm

Rodrigo C. Talingting Jr.

The Job Preparation Seminar/Symposium was held last November 24, 2009 in the Rigney Hall, University
of San Carlos, Talamban, Cebu City. The speakers were Engr. Adela Gapus, a Computer Engineering
graduate of University of San Carlos and Engr. Chuachoi(nobody seems to remember her first name) a
Chemical Engineering graduate also of University of San Carlos. The target audience of the seminar are
graduating students of the College of Engineering.

One of the purpose of the seminar is to orient the students on how to get a job after graduating.
The speakers spoke of how they got to their current work and how their college background, grades
and work ethic, made them successfull as a professional. They also told us tips on how to land a
'perfect' job or at least how to make yourself happy on your current work.

The job preparation seminar - in a way, is a good start for students so that they will have a better
understanding on how to prepare for the upcoming job hunt after graduation.

Last edited by odee2004 on Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added image)
odee2004

Male Number of posts : 9

View user profile http://prosedatabase.freefronthost.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by p1d on Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:05 pm

Jayag, Alfred Ray D.
Job Preparation Symposium

last November 24, 2009 a job preparation symposium was held. It is a discussion about experiences and situations that we as students will encounter in the real world workplace. This includes choosing jobs, transfers, and right attitudes. The speakers are Engr. Chuachoy and Engr. Adela Gapus both a graduate from the University of San Carlos, a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering and Computer Engineering graduate respectively.

The first speaker Engr. Chuachoy speaks of finding and choosing job. As she said, she is frequently changing job since she really seeks the job that she wants or enjoy. She imposed that we should choose that job that we really enjoy to do or it else it will be your worst day everyday. Her transferring of jobs also includes sacrifices especially when she has to work outside of Cebu, thus choosing between her career and family was indeed a heavy decision.

The second speaker, Engr. Adela Gapus, had a different view of jobs. She said that it is more on ability than wants. She imposes more on social skills and right attitudes on a work environment. Based on her experience bosses test their employees on things or fields that is out of their specific jobs, like hotel reservations, food preparations and others. She also speaks that the most difficult attribute to find of a good employee is attitude, since she mentioned that most of her encountered skilled employees had bad attitudes although some employees with good attitudes had poor or lesser skills.

Although we learned a lot from their shares of information but i think that our experience will be of little different than theirs since both of them are high ranking students which more likely to be chosen from other candidates looking for a job while we mediocre people will have to struggle to even enter a job on demand, so I don't think we had the convenience of job hopping. But our attitude towards our work is what matters most followed by technical skills and the ability to learn new technology since the discipline we took is very dynamic on development.
p1d

Male Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cliff2ns on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:05 pm

A seminar titled "Job Preparation Symposium" was held last November 24 2009 in the Rigney Hall of the University of San Carlos - Talamban Campus. The seminar had two speakers, Engr. Chuachoy, a chemical engineer and Engr. Gapus, a computer engineer. Both speakers talked of their experiences in their field of expertise. They also spoke of the things that started their careers. They gave tips on how to deal with life after graduation, mostly on the job seeking part.

Engr. Chuachoy is a graduate of the same institution, San Carlos. She already has a job experience of 14 years in different companies. She spoke well and could really relate with our age. It was as if she only had 2 years gap in our age when she spoke. Her memory of how she started was still fresh. Listening to her talk about her life and the paths she took really gave me an idea on how to continue with my career. Her views on life relates to everything in this world, especially when she spoke of change. She also spoke of her career path after being married, on how she had to change to compensate with her new status in life. The thing that delivered a big realization for me was her 3 simple ABC for job preparation. It was like a summary of the things that need to be done to ensure my career.

The 2nd speaker was a graduate of the same course, computer engineering. Engr. Gapus talked about job preparation that is most useful in our lives. The fact that she is also a computer engineer means that we will most likely be starting our careers like she did. Her talk also gave us ideas and hope of a good career path ahead of us. I saw in her an example of a successful computer engineer. Her topic was more concentrated on the attitude that fresh graduates must have to excel in their plans, the right behavior and the best approach to impress most boss.

Though the seminar didn't cover everything about job hunting, listening to it was enlightening. I saw in this seminar that family life and career always come in pair, eventually.

Cliffton A. Ongluico

cliff2ns

Registration date : 2010-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down